WK綜合論壇, WK综合论坛

查看:397 回復:1 發表於 2016-9-21 07:20:25
累計簽到:391 天
連續簽到:1 天
跳轉到指定樓層
楼主
發表於 2016-9-21 07:20:25 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

[英文] 英语励志美文赏析:Ban Ki-moon's Relllarks to "United Nations Academic Impact for a Better World" Conference [複製鏈接]

英语励志美文赏析:Ban Ki-moon's Relllarks to "United Nations Academic Impact for a Better World" Conference6 l& J  H. i) y( z) U

& x  y8 P% N5 X+ j5 L; o: P2 d/ o  潘基文在学术影响力国际研讨会上的讲话
8 N4 d6 I' h" e) Y6 P
! N8 z& k2 K% W' _& q

/ f0 a3 v3 \8 Y. k2 p3 B- f+ Y  The United Nations understands the enormous impact of scholarship, innovation and ideas. We are trying to harness that great power to build a better world... A world where human ingenuity will make our homes, communities and consumption patterns socially and environmentally sustainable. A world where research receives the funding; and support it needs to defeat disease, deprivation and despair. A world where the "unlearning" of intolerance will bridge barriers that still divide nations and peoples.
1 y! \1 B8 b% L- m) r, X9 a7 ?  联合国十分清楚知识、创新和理念的巨大作用。我们正努力利用这些巨大的能量来建造一个更美好的世界。在这个世界里,人类的聪明才智将发挥作用,我们将建造新型的家园、社区,使用社会可持续发展和环珑可持续发展的消费模式。在这里,人们将投入更多的资金,加大对研究的支持,努力消除贫困,减少饥饿,增强信心。在这里,人们将更加宽容,分割不同国家与民族之间的壁垒将减少。
' T+ d: |. R* O# P$ c; w' {5 @  Promoting and advancing these goals is the essence of the United Nations Academic Impact. We have been laying the groundwork for this initiative for some time now, with great support from the academic community. Later this month, we will launch it officially at United Nations headquarters in New York.
/ Q& E9 Q9 R& L5 m+ F# ^$ s9 Q  本届学术影响力国际研讨会的核心便是推动这些目标的实现。为了促成这个项目的展开,在学术界的支持下,我们已经作了一些时日的准备工作,奠定了基础。本月末,我们将在联合国总部纽约正式举办这个活动。3 n. t$ c; A* a( W6 s3 c1 X
  It will help serve as a clearing house to better match academic innovation with particular areas of work of the United Nations---neglected areas of research, countries in need of specific help, research that will help deliver concrete change on the ground, and the best ideas to achieve the Millennium Development Goals by 2015.
9 F  t  T. V- p- d  将学术创新与联合国工作的特定领域(却被研究忽视的领域),与需要特殊援助的相关国家,与能产生具体变化的研究,与实现2015年千年发展目标的最好方式相结合,起到了“结算中心”的作用。
8 n! E. k, E9 r/ |" i+ @  I am encouraged by the support demonstrated here. have high hopes for what the initiative---and all of us---can do together in the future. Of course, the UN and the academic community already enjoy a strong partnership Academic Impact will deepen it further for the twenty-first century.
4 i. \. ^$ j, U$ E  在这里,大家的支持使我倍受鼓舞。我对这个项目,对所有人都寄予厚望,我们在未来可以携手合作,共同面对。当然,联合国与学术界已经建立了强有力的伙伴关系。“学术影响力”将在21世纪进一步加深这一关系。
* X# e8 G2 L6 l  Y- L) ~- @" f
5 L' N& q4 G2 [7 h6 N! O
收藏收藏 贊贊(0)
把本文推薦給朋友或其他網站上,每次被點擊增加您在本站積分︰1宣傳

回復樓主 親!! 現在是淩晨!妳失眠啦?餓啦?通宵加班?還是想WK啦?

分享同時學會感恩,一句感謝的話語,就是最大的支持!  歡迎交流討論
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即注册

本版積分規則

c重要聲明:本論壇是以即時上載言論的方式運作,WK論壇對所有言論的真實性、立場及版權等,不負任何法律責任。而一切言論只代表發佈者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶務必自行判斷內容之真實性。 由於本論壇受到「即時上載言論」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有言論,若讀者及用戶發現有內容出現「真實性、立場及版權」等問題,請聯絡我們:[email protected]論壇有權刪除任何言論(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知)| SiteMap[網站地圖]

發表新帖 返回頂部